Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The evolution of "E"


Years ago, I wanted to create a comic that happened in my adopted hometown of Richmond, VA.I had this vague idea that it would have a kind of modern knights vs. modern dragons theme to it. The basic idea was that earth had been invaded and run underground, but in their darkest hour, the knights would show up and save the day. Not terribly original, I know, but at the time it seemed like a good idea. So I worked up the first page, staging the action in front of a local monument (the Arthur Ashe monument, for no other reason than I liked the shape of the base). The idea of having the story take place in Richmond carried over into "E", so that's why I'm showing you this. So here's the first page.

Then I realized that I hadn't actually designed the armor yet, so I should probably do that.But once I started designing them, I decided I didn't like the idea, and headed in a different direction. More on that a little later today.

No comments: