Friday, May 23, 2008

More Evolution of "E"!!






These pages represent the next whack I took at fashioning a comic I'd enjoy creating. At this point, I stuck with the setting being Richmond and the bad guys as basically 2-legged dragons. I ditched the knight angle, but still tried to impose that sort of heroic feel onto it. I remember considering at one point if E should have a lance.But I think the idea of the humans being hunted and eaten was just too melodramatic a concept for the goofy characters I'd created--it seemed to me the comic would always be fighting itself over what it wanted to be. At this point I also added sidekicks. I thought he needed them in this story just for some added fun and weirdness, but they play a much more vital role in what "E" finally became (in my head, anyway). Anyway, here's as far as this idea got, and even though it didn't work, it moved the whole idea along quite a bit. Enjoy.

6 comments:

Robert Clayton Cooke said...

These ROCK, man!!! It's like it's The Past Lives of "E" comic!

Crawdad Jones said...

Thanks, dude! That's pretty much exactly what it is!

And I don't know if I mentioned it before, but that Hellboy drawing you did over at Bob's was AWESOME! Yeath!

Robert Clayton Cooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robert Clayton Cooke said...

[EEK! The deleted comment was me, BTW. Didn't like the way I worded something and wanted to change it. My bad.]

I don't remember if you did either, it was a little while ago now and I know you aren't able to check in all the time (so you were excused if not). But I do very much appreciate it!

I love this "E" comic and its character's, though. Seriously. And I haven't seen a current comic I thought was this cool for a LONG while. I'd buy this if it was on the shelves.

If you don't mind, I'd love to take a shot at drawing a pin-up of "E", just for fun when I get the time?

Crawdad Jones said...

Man, I would LOOOOVE to see you do an "E" drawing. Another friend I made at Flickr did one, and it made me all goofy. Here's a link:

http://diegotripodi.deviantart.com/art/quot-E-quot-85956075

Robert Clayton Cooke said...

Cool! Ha! I like that, that's a pretty awesome pic! Captured a cool vibe of the story, too. Can't wait to hit the drawing board! You should maybe post that actual art up somewheres here (in case people miss the link in the comments): I saw another Zuda competetor is showing some of his comic's fan art at his myspace page. Seemed like a good idea and I thought it was pretty cool to look at it.